50,771 individuals died in Georgia in 2016, according to Geostat, out of which 26,098 were male and 24,673 were female.
Compared to total births in Georgia, there were only 5,798 less deaths.
Cardiovascular diseases top the list for the reason of death. Tumors take second place.
2016 Data on the Reasons of Death in Georgia, according to Geostat:
- Certain infectious and parasitic diseases - 554 deaths
- Neoplasms - 6,819 deaths
- Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism - 354 deaths
- Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases - 763 deaths
- Mental and behavioural disorders - 100 deaths
- Diseases of the nervous system - 474 deaths
- Diseases of the eye and adnexa - 12 deaths
- Diseases of the ear and mastoid process - 5 deaths
- Diseases of the circulatory system - 17,973 deaths
- Diseases of the respiratory system - 2,480 deaths
- Diseases of the digestive system - 1,571 deaths
- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue - 58 deaths
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue - 52 deaths
- Diseases of the genitourinary system - 616 deaths
- Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium - 14 deaths
- Certain conditions originating in the perinatal period - 363 deaths
- Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities - 95 deaths
- Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified - 16,841 deaths
- Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes - 1,627 deaths.