Georgia imported 512,000 tonnes of wheat in 2017, worth 98 million USD, the National Statistics Office of Georgia (Geostat) says in a report. 99.5% of the imported wheat was bought from Russia.
The report also says that the share of Russian wheat imports was even higher in 2016, at 99.8% of imports.
Moreover, wheat imports rose by 12% in 2017.
After oil, wheat is the second largest product imported from Russia to Georgia.
Top Imported Goods from Russia to Georgia in 2017:
- Oil - $134 million USD, 237 thousand tonnes;
- Wheat - $97.5 million USD, 512 thousand tonnes;
- Mobile phones - $37 million USD;
- Natural Gas - $32 million USD, 104 thousand tonnes;
- Sunflower Oil - $28.9 million USD, 32 thousand tonnes.